Friday 23 September 2016

- An inkling of life again in these stitching fingers -


Last weekend, Sunday in fact,  I managed to sneek in a little bit of time to do some day time stitching. It's been a long time since I have been able to hang out in my studio space. I emptied it out in February this year so the builders could commence the renovation and it has dragged on for six very long wintery months as it is a building boom due to housing shortage here in Auckland and it is very difficult to get a builder to come focus on a renovation project when there is so much new build demand. But finally they are finished in my studio area and I have been unpacking all my goodies and arranging my stitching treasures around me once again.



One of the goodies I uncovered was my beaded mirror project. I got all excited and decided to break out my beads and make a tiny tiny inroad. What a pleasure it was to once again be spending some time on what it is I really love to do through the pleasure of spending a little time with my needle and thread.




~ My castle is finished ~ I carried on where I had left off &
added the grass ~ It's SO sweet isn't it!! ~ even if it is
my first attempt at beading and it's somewhat 'rustic' ~


~ The oak tree was already done but I finished the wee bit of
grass missing under that too ~



Now ~ what shall I do next ?

~ Can't help soaking up the cuteness each time I walk past that
adorable little castle ~




~ May Your Days Be Filled With Salubrious Stitching ~

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a new studio tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Leeanne ... pleeeease give us a peek into your new studio sometime :-) By the way, your beading is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot tell you how happy I am to see that you are stitching and posting again! I too am completing Rachel's mirror. As I am looking at your gorgeous little castle (great job!!!) I am questioning why I thought it was a good idea to start with the main panel!!!! It seems so huge. I have completed two tree trunks/ 1/4 of a grass mound/ 1/2 the sun/cloud/ a full few flowers. Perhaps a better idea would be to also slate up the side panels and to stitch along with you- I could do with some motivating!! Think often of you and your girls - so glad to see you have some positives in your life of late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy little beads! JOY of JOYS! Another GREAT thing about working over a paper pattern...is that you can now easily change the date! :)Youre doing a wonderful job Rae~ now if we can convince Jo to show her progress!! xoxoxxo rachael

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...